What's new

Possible Update

Actually, the headlights on the RO are different than the TRX along with other subtle changes in the front end

I'm new to the ram family. With this refresh on the exterior did the rest of the ram line up get the slimmer trx headlights? The rho has the same trx headlights from years past, but with a refreshed front bumper? Plus the interior of course .
While the lens are pretty much the same, there are smaller differences, the big change on the headlights is the removal of the black plastic piece under them and the extension of the front facia into that area. It gives the appearance of a slimmer headlight. Otherwise the other subtle change has been the front bumper which is pretty much the same, but is now solid black rather than black and silver. The Rebels share this bumper with the removal of the side plastic pieces to meet the fender flares. Additionally the 2025's have a new taillight design.

Looks like the press hands on has been pushed to October, we will likely see more around then.
Yup then you will see every swinging YouTuber showing you the same amount of leg room and head room shots... Bad angles of the suspension.

Honestly there isn't much to see since so much of it is the TRX. There is enough content about the HO engine to check out already.

No updates or new content to check out?
No, not really. I've been checking forums and YouTube daily. I really want to order but I want to see how it performs first. I love the look and interior, just curious about the ho hurricane and turbo.

Looks like there starting to offer a few incentives now on all truck models EXCEPT the RHO......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240630_090737_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240630_090737_Chrome.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 98
Looks like there starting to offer a few incentives now on all truck models EXCEPT the RHO......
Since you would have to take retail delivery by July 1, no real loss. But it does seem to indicate that when they finally start building these, they won't be included in any incentives.

Thats the way it was with the TRX as well. I receive the employee discount as my company is affiliated with Stellantis in a round-about way, and the TRX was always excluded from that.

Didn’t see this posted but that hyper blue RHO is looking right nice on the road!

Didn’t see this posted but that hyper blue RHO is looking right nice on the road!
Sheeeesh! Looks absolutely beautiful

Good to start seeing them out in the wild. Even if it is only a test mule. That blue looks sweet!

I dig the new front turn signal animation

I’d love a sound clip of that

That website is crazy with ads!

Truck looks great, really wish there was a video with audio of the exhaust!!

That website is crazy with ads!

Truck looks great, really wish there was a video with audio of the exhaust!!
You can find a video of a mule's exhaust on Nitro's TRX forum.

Reactions: MTG
This is a short clip of the headlight animation for anyone that doesn't want to visit the website. I downloaded it because it wasn't loading into my web browser on my phone.

Attachments

• video-output-B5A68099-0CE2-4037-BE90-59C8F5E702D4.mov
    9.9 MB
Not a fan of the amber wonder if Alpha OBD mod will have this truck in the future so I can change it?

Not a fan of the amber wonder if Alpha OBD mod will have this truck in the future so I can change it?
You don't like amber on the turn signal? What would you have it be? It is normally white for the DRL

I’m not so sure the HO Hurricane is that much better than the standard Hurricane. In fact, I’ve read the HO has some significant turbo lag. The standard feels more linear. And, standard has decent fuel economy compared with HO. Plus, HO’s 26 psi of boost is no joke for engine longevity.

I suppose if you grew up on boosted I4’s rather than NA V8’s, the HO is a necessity. Personally, I’ve owned high boost vehicles & they all felt soft at low rpm & frenetic at high rpm. Not my favorite, but it adds drama & excitement in spades.

Now comparing a Rebel to an RHO…it’s not about the engine. For me, it’s the chassis & suspension & increased width that tickles my fancy.
High output is out. Watch videos and educate yourself. There's no turbo lag. Guys like you start these rumors and people believe it. It's a shame.

High output is out. Watch videos and educate yourself. There's no turbo lag. Guys like you start these rumors and people believe it. It's a shame.
Guys like me? Who are guys like me? Ha, ha, ha!

Watch videos & educate myself? Are you for real? Wait…do you even know what turbo lag is?

Ok…time for some education…we have an engine with exhaust driven turbos that have to spool up to 26 psi of boost for peak power. Remember, these are not electrically driven turbos. Nor, does Ram install a pressure vessel to store power that might be used to spool the turbos quicker.

Once I take delivery of my RHO, I will confirm 1st hand there is turbo lag. I have read that “brake torquing” the SST HO engine to build boost is necessary to achieve the lowest acceleration times (confirmed it was MT…”Hold the gas pedal until the turbo spools up and drop the brake at about 3,200 rpm, and the Tungsten just goes.”). It’s the same with any high boost engine.

So Yoda…go back to your video games & let grown men discuss our future RHOs.

BTW…took your advice & found a 0-60 run in a new Tungsten on YouTube…you can hear the driver SMASH the gas pedal to the floor…then you can count the 1-2 seconds it takes for the rear tires to start spinning/screeching…THAT IS TURBO LAG.

Last edited:
Back