What's new

Possible Update

Not sure if TRX are built on their own line at the plant but looks like there are 13 TRX's left to be built according to Ram E-Shop website. Once the final TRX's are built it would make sense to me to switch to building RHO's on that line with some retooling possibly for the hurricane engine. Seen another member post something similar to this and to me really makes sense and possible smoothest transition.

Tungstens we have 8 scheduled currently - all between 8/5 and 8/15.
I'm not sure what you mean by building more than one for same dealership? RAM does not build them one per dealership before going back to the start.... RAM builds them in the sequence most convenient for RAM.
It makes sense. I thought they restrict number of models per dealership. Thank you.

I hope I am not the only one who looks at the forum updates multiple times daily… it’s become an addiction lol

My father-in-law helped in prepping me for the long wait, his first edition TRX took about 9 months to build and arrive to the local dealer.

Until my RHO arrives, I am going to enjoy the numbered months I have of not having a monthly payment.

I’m being optimistic that most of the orders should arrive early Q4 from what I’ve seen so far.

Mark Dodge has been pretty accurate with timeframes as well!

Same here, saving some money. I'm thinking 6 months, I'm hoping 3 to 4.

I hope I am not the only one who looks at the forum updates multiple times daily… it’s become an addiction lol

My father-in-law helped in prepping me for the long wait, his first edition TRX took about 9 months to build and arrive to the local dealer.

Until my RHO arrives, I am going to enjoy the numbered months I have of not having a monthly payment.

I’m being optimistic that most of the orders should arrive early Q4 from what I’ve seen so far.

Early Q4 would be amazing. How can we keep eye on these timelines for more developments?

Hi my name is Sean and I am a forum addict

It makes sense. I thought they restrict number of models per dealership. Thank you.
Ah, no, it's the opposite of Ford Raptor/Bronco and Corvette.

We are actually incentivized to do right by the customer in terms of price and service - we can place as many orders as we like so long as they have a proper customer name and address on them.
Sold orders are OUTSIDE of dealer allocation, no effect on that. the smallest dealer in the country could order more RHO's than the largest, if they wanted to and had the customer base. Then, they wouldn't be the smallest for long! Unlike other brands where you place an order, but really you placed your place in line WITHIN a dealerships allocation, which then gets picked up based on their size/credentials. If you order with Mark Dodge tomorrow, as the 300th (that's not the real number) order, or placed your order with a dealer for whom it's the 10th, it'd get built at the same time either way. RAM doesn't give us any priority for being larger, nor any penalization to the customer either. Make sense? VERY common question this year so I'm trying to figure out the best way to explain it!

If you order with Mark Dodge tomorrow, as the 300th (that's not the real number) order, or placed your order with a dealer for whom it's the 10th, it'd get built at the same time either way.
So you’re saying they are building by order date? That would be so unlike Stellantis, and not what they did with the TRX. Would love for it to be the case, however, because that means the 1st truck you get is mine.

So you’re saying they are building by order date? That would be so unlike Stellantis, and not what they did with the TRX. Would love for it to be the case, however, because that means the 1st truck you get is mine.
No he was saying they don't prioritize by dealer size or order volume. They build when the cost optimization model says it is time to build.

No they build by what is most convenient for RAM. So we can't get hung up on who ordered before who, etc.
My answer was related mostly to the trend of questions from people who waited 2+ years for Bronco's, Raptors, Corvettes, etc - which runs their allocation system entirely different.

Easily. Use the TRX roll out as a parallel. I had a Launch Edition ordered day 1 hour 1 and did not get it until March.
If they start production in early September, I hope the guys like me who ordered in early May will get theirs in early November. Fingers crossed. I have to sell my 22' Built to Serve and do not want to wait until 2025.

1000005593.jpg

I think the way stellantis does it is how can they maximize the number of vehicles produced/sold based off parts. So if I had 100 of part A, 100 of part B, and 100 of part C how can I distribute these to make the most amount of trucks. For whatever reason the automobile world for the big manufacturers determines success off vehicles sold. Ford does well because they have so many government vehicles sold.

I had a feeling they were going to market the RHO alongside the movie. There were too many RAMs in the trailer.
Haha ya, I saw how they said available in dealerships this fall on the ad

Ah, no, it's the opposite of Ford Raptor/Bronco and Corvette.

We are actually incentivized to do right by the customer in terms of price and service - we can place as many orders as we like so long as they have a proper customer name and address on them.
Sold orders are OUTSIDE of dealer allocation, no effect on that. the smallest dealer in the country could order more RHO's than the largest, if they wanted to and had the customer base. Then, they wouldn't be the smallest for long! Unlike other brands where you place an order, but really you placed your place in line WITHIN a dealerships allocation, which then gets picked up based on their size/credentials. If you order with Mark Dodge tomorrow, as the 300th (that's not the real number) order, or placed your order with a dealer for whom it's the 10th, it'd get built at the same time either way. RAM doesn't give us any priority for being larger, nor any penalization to the customer either. Make sense? VERY common question this year so I'm trying to figure out the best way to explain it!
Clear as mud, but appreciate you offering this information.

Clear as mud, but appreciate you offering this information.
LOL it's actually just more simple than a complex allocation.

Place your order with whatever dealer is giving you the best price and service.
The order will be scheduled to build as it is convenient for RAM, regardless of what dealer you placed it with.
Order exactly what you want, don't try to judge/game the system on what you think will be faster/slower.

LOL it's actually just more simple than a complex allocation.

Place your order with whatever dealer is giving you the best price and service.
The order will be scheduled to build as it is convenient for RAM, regardless of what dealer you placed it with.
Order exactly what you want, don't try to judge/game the system on what you think will be faster/slower.

Great advice!

I ordered the C7 Z06 months before they began building them for public consumption. Kept my order simple, figuring they’d have the basic components ready & there would be no delays because I didn’t insist on getting the rare “zebra skin” shift knob (not an actual option…just being silly). Another forum member ordered his with every option. Our orders were submitted within a day of each other. We all assumed he be waiting forever.

Nope, the loaded Z06 was build#89. Mine was #212.

Then it got crazy. Since I was in TX & he was in CA, mine was trucked from factory to dealer. His got on a train to a holding yard & there it sat! Mine was the 1st Z06 delivered in TX. He got his loaded Z06 5+ months later.

Last edited:
Back