What's new

Possible Update

Woah 😳 can’t we all just get along 😇

Guys like me? Who are guys like me? Ha, ha, ha!

Watch videos & educate myself? Are you for real? Wait…do you even know what turbo lag is?

Ok…time for some education…we have an engine with exhaust driven turbos that have to spool up to 26 psi of boost for peak power. Remember, these are not electrically driven turbos. Nor, does Ram install a pressure vessel to store power that might be used to spool the turbos quicker.

Once I take delivery of my RHO, I will confirm 1st hand there is turbo lag. I have read that “brake torquing” the SST HO engine to build boost is necessary to achieve the lowest acceleration times (confirmed it was MT…”Hold the gas pedal until the turbo spools up and drop the brake at about 3,200 rpm, and the Tungsten just goes.”). It’s the same with any high boost engine.

So Yoda…go back to your video games & let grown men discuss our future RHOs.

BTW…took your advice & found a 0-60 run in a new Tungsten on YouTube…you can hear the driver SMASH the gas pedal to the floor…then you can count the 1-2 seconds it takes for the rear tires to start spinning/screeching…THAT IS TURBO LAG.
A Cadillac V, 300Z TT, and Supra TT owner here, both SC and Turbo experience, so very familiar with this subject. I just drove the HO in a new Limited in Arlington TX and there was minimal turbo lag, the truck, however, only had 18 miles on it, so it's NOT broken in yet, but the damn thing is a rocket! I floored it from a stop, from 40, 60, and 80mph and all had very negligible turbo lag and it was fast as hell. It's amazing how quick this motor and gearing combo pushes such a heavy vehicle. Good thing this has 3.92 gears!

Last edited:
A Cadillac V, 300Z TT, and Supra TT owner here, both SC and Turbo experience, so very familiar with this subject. I just drove the HO in a new Limited in Arlington TX and there was minimal turbo lag, the truck, however, only had 18 miles on it, so it's NOT broken in yet, but the damn thing is a rocket! I floored it from a stop, from 40, 60, and 80mph and all had very negligible turbo lag and it was fast as hell. It's amazing how quick this motor and gearing combo pushes such a heavy vehicle. Good thing this has 3.92 gears!
What dealer was that? I'm also in the DFW area.

An interesting collection of cars you got there…

Since acceptable vs unacceptable amounts of turbo lag is purely subjective….each person sets their own “standard” based on their experiences…I’m curious how you view the turbo lag in your 300Z TT? Would you say it is negligible? Or, would you say glaciers move faster than those turbos spool up?

Glad you had fun test driving that Limited. Agree, the 3.92 gears are a big plus. Makes life a bit easier on that tranny!

An interesting collection of cars you got there…

Since acceptable vs unacceptable amounts of turbo lag is purely subjective….each person sets their own “standard” based on their experiences…I’m curious how you view the turbo lag in your 300Z TT? Would you say it is negligible? Or, would you say glaciers move faster than those turbos spool up?

Glad you had fun test driving that Limited. Agree, the 3.92 gears are a big plus. Makes life a bit easier on that tranny!
I’ve since sold the V, Z, and Supra, now own a 61 Lincoln Continental and 23 Ram Limited, but man the Z turbo’s definitely had lag, stock that is, until I upgraded everything on a custom motor build. Great car, one of my all time favorites to drive with the T-Tops off, my B&B 3” exhaust note, and especially with the Hicas system on the turns, a car well ahead of its time.

This Hurricane motor does a great job of making power quickly, I was super impressed, quicker than I expected. My 23 RAM 1500 Limited doesn’t even compare lol, but I’ll always have love for the Hemi’s. I remain optimistic about the Hurricane.

Looks like the press hands on has been pushed to October, we will likely see more around then.
So we’re not getting our trucks until after October?

So we’re not getting our trucks until after October?
I'd say 90% chance after October. I'd be shocked in September.

Do you think it could go into 2025?
Easily. Use the TRX roll out as a parallel. I had a Launch Edition ordered day 1 hour 1 and did not get it until March.

Do you think it could go into 2025?
Lexus gx 550 2024 still not out. Those folks have been waiting over a year. I think we will wait longer than we want. I got a month in my head I'll wait till, after that I'll get something else. I do have hope about Ram being more punctual.

Someone replied to a Facebook post regarding the factory. They said that it's going to open back up on the 15th, this upcoming Monday. Hopefully he's right.

Lexus gx 550 2024 still not out. Those folks have been waiting over a year. I think we will wait longer than we want. I got a month in my head I'll wait till, after that I'll get something else. I do have hope about Ram being more punctual.
My neighbor got his over a month ago.

Someone replied to a Facebook post regarding the factory. They said that it's going to open back up on the 15th, this upcoming Monday. Hopefully he's right.
SHAP scheduled to be close until 7/22.

Turbo lag is not the issue. Torque management in the tune to keep the drivetrain components alive is what you are feeling. All modern trucks will have power limited on initial take off and some more than others. Modern sports car have much less torque management but rely on the traction control system to keep it on the road.

Looking forward to driving the RHO to see how much they delay the power to the wheels. The hurricane is extremely good and responsive in my experience.

SHAP scheduled to be close until 7/22.
I'm just curious, you mentioned some of the Tungsten were secluded for build. What is the build date on these? and are they building more than one for the same dealership?

I'm just curious, you mentioned some of the Tungsten were secluded for build. What is the build date on these? and are they building more than one for the same dealership?
Tungstens we have 8 scheduled currently - all between 8/5 and 8/15.
I'm not sure what you mean by building more than one for same dealership? RAM does not build them one per dealership before going back to the start.... RAM builds them in the sequence most convenient for RAM.

Back