What's new

Possible Update

Great advice!

I ordered the C6 Z06 months before they began building them for public consumption. Kept my order simple, figuring they’d have the basic components ready & there would be no delays because I didn’t insist on getting the rare “zebra skin” shift knob (not an actual option…just being silly). Another forum member ordered his with every option. Our orders were submitted within a day of each other. We all assumed he be waiting forever.

Nope, the loaded Z06 was build#89. Mine was #212.

Then it got crazy. Since I was in TX & he was in CA, mine was trucked from factory to dealer. His got on a train to a holding yard & there it sat! Mine was the 1st Z06 delivered in TX. He got his loaded Z06 5+ months later.
Yeah had a buddy with a similar experience with his Bronco order at launch. Ordered a Wildtrack fully loaded and was one of the first to get it when everyone told him he would be last. It's all a crapshoot. We really have no way to knownIng when our number will come up because we really lack the data.

I have built factory production timing models and there are a crazy amount of inputs that go into them. You need parts forecasts from suppliers, headcount estimates, shipping staging and transit times, and tons of data points. You want to really optimize for so many factors so that you don't have parts sitting on shelves for a long period of time, you have to schedule so that you plan to build the number of products that your head out can support, you don't want finished products waiting around too long for shipping. All of it is to drive down cost. It is why most options these days are bundled into groups. It is far easier and cost effective to forecast parts needs at a group level than one offs.

Just got an email from Anthony @ Mark Dodge. He said RHO's are scheduled to begin production on August 19th! That doesn't mean any of ours will start then, but it is great to hear.

Just got an email from Anthony @ Mark Dodge. He said RHO's are scheduled to begin production on August 19th! That doesn't mean any of ours will start then, but it is great to hear.
BIG IF TRUE!

Means they might have been telling the truth on the Q4 estimates!

All of us peasant base trucks gonna be rolling in August!

Hope that’s true. They can get some practice before they start building us lvl one and other option guys.
I don't think they need any practice. It's basically TRX with a different engine lol

It was intended to be a friendly rub.

LOL it's actually just more simple than a complex allocation.

Place your order with whatever dealer is giving you the best price and service.
The order will be scheduled to build as it is convenient for RAM, regardless of what dealer you placed it with.
Order exactly what you want, don't try to judge/game the system on what you think will be faster/slower.
Your answers are clear. These guys are messing with you. Order what you want and when Ram builds it, they build it. They may want to make all the sunroof trucks first or may not. All the level 1s first or not. It's not that hard to understand. I am looking forward to getting updates from you as they come in. I received your email about the D status (VIN assigned) on the tracker. I appreciate it.

If Aug 19 is accurate I am assuming we will she schedule dates start showing up in the next week or two.

If Aug 19 is accurate I am assuming we will she schedule dates start showing up in the next week or two.
Interested to see if Level 1 or base trucks get scheduled 1st…I’m checking mine daily & will report any movement. Mine is base.

If production does actually start on the 19th of Aug, which was just an estimated date you more than likely, won’t see any scheduling updates until the week of the 12th of Aug.

If production does actually start on the 19th of Aug, which was just an estimated date you more than likely, won’t see any scheduling updates until the week of the 12th of Aug.
They schedule 3-5 weeks out. We should see a very small number go D1 shortly.

Interested to see if Level 1 or base trucks get scheduled 1st…I’m checking mine daily & will report any movement. Mine is base.
If the rumored parts issues re the hands free driving are true, they will only be building non level 1s for some time.

Last edited:
If that was the case, Tungsten's wouldn't be getting build dates.
I could be reading to much into it it, but it seems that someone who handles PR at Ram told him he would have to drop some features if he wanted his truck by years end.

Last edited:
I could be reading to much into it it, but it seems that someone who handles PR at Ram told him he would have to drop hands free (in Level 1) if he wanted his truck by years end.
That's not true at least for hands free in general. You see a lot of tungstens and limited Level A's being built right now. Now whether they have parts allocations for the RHO's for those parts we will see, but I think it is a time will tell kind of thing.

Tim is on the forum now.. I hope sees this and help us clarify

Watched the video and Tim said that Automated parking is not available which appears to be in the standard features for the RHO. Guessing it is this one PARKSENSE FR/RR PARK ASSIST W/STOP (XH4). Was mentioned in the video that it is code XBM but that is for auto start. In the youtube comments Tim said that the code he mentioned might be wrong but it is a parking feature that is not available.

Back