What's new

The Official RAM RHO Placed Order Thread

looks like ram did accept the changes to my order.
Previous order was White color, no level 1.
New order Hydro Blue, Level one.

Note** Didn't confirm with Anthony yet.. but my order tracker did change.

Yeah I figured if it shows changed on the site, no need to bother Anthony on if it had been updated

That’s good to know. I emailed Anthony Monday to have my truck changed from black to hydro blue as well.

Yeah I figured if it shows changed on the site, no need to bother Anthony on if it had been updated
I wish lol!! but I believe that I need to update my paperwork.

That’s good to know. I emailed Anthony Monday to have my truck changed from black to hydro blue as well.
Hydro blue is the best!! After seeing the leaked photo I was hooked. I asked for the change last Thursday and it updated today.

Hydro blue is the best!! After seeing the leaked photo I was hooked. I asked for the change last Thursday and it updated today.
Funny you say that. I did the exact same thing. The blue just pops. And I like loud, black is beautiful when it’s clean. Keeping it clean that’s a whole other problem. lol.

How long ago did you request the change? Just seeing how long before I’ll know for sure.

Nice. Why am I being talked out of adjusting my pre order? Anthony? Ashley? To whom that is Holy? haha

Nice. Why am I being talked out of adjusting my pre order? Anthony? Ashley? To whom that is Holy? haha
Everyone got the exact same speach when placing their order, signed the same form, and got the same explanation when asking about a change.
This is not something that RAM is supposed to accept changes on, and we're not going to overstep that favor if this starts getting out of hand.

Everyone got the exact same speach when placing their order, signed the same form, and got the same explanation when asking about a change.
This is not something that RAM is supposed to accept changes on, and we're not going to overstep that favor if this starts getting out of hand.
Hey man relax I'm the one laughing just wanted to verify that under no certain terms will we be allowed to change our order? It's not like we're buying a scooter we're spending 80k on a vehicle where the plant is shutdown, no truck has even been started its all in a computer system waiting for the word go. Ram's feeling won't get hurt when they have 200+ day supply of 2024 1500s sitting on lots.

Hey man relax I'm the one laughing just wanted to verify that under no certain terms will we be allowed to change our order? It's not like we're buying a scooter we're spending 80k on a vehicle where the plant is shutdown, no truck has even been started its all in a computer system waiting for the word go. Ram's feeling won't get hurt when they have 200+ day supply of 2024 1500s sitting on lots.
We (dealers) are not supposed to request changes, our rep is not supposed to accept changes. Sometimes we have success asking for an exception to the rule , sometimes not. They don't tell us when they accept, it just goes through - they don't tell us why if it does not, it just doesn't. Sometimes it seems to have significant impact on build time, other times it not.

What we are communicating to existing orders right here is to temper their expectations of success and impacts on a request, and there will be no consolation if you end up receiving exactly what was first ordered.
Simultaneously, to future order customers, take some time to figure out what you want placing orders because there is no guarantee that any change can be made even the following morning.

I get it it's all good I'll give my money to local shops when I get the truck.

Quick question.... I received my order confirmation email from Ram Trucks back on May 25th, however anytime I try and use the Ram Order Tracking site, it tells me there's currently no information available about your vehicle. Is everyone else seeing that? I did receive my VIN from the dealer who said they would let me know when it goes into D1 status. Thanks!

May? Yeah man that should be listed on website. I checked mine today while talking to Ram Trucks.

Quick question.... I received my order confirmation email from Ram Trucks back on May 25th, however anytime I try and use the Ram Order Tracking site, it tells me there's currently no information available about your vehicle. Is everyone else seeing that? I did receive my VIN from the dealer who said they would let me know when it goes into D1 status. Thanks!
I had a similar issue. In my case, I tried adding my suffix to my last name on the form since that appears on the order and that worked. Hope this helps - good luck.

I had a similar issue. In my case, I tried adding my suffix to my last name on the form since that appears on the order and that worked. Hope this helps - good luck.
No suffix for me.... so I tried misspelling my last name and it came up.... Asking dealer to correct it. Thanks!

Here’s my take on PPF film…

Back in ‘15, I made a big (for me) vehicle purchase. No, not a $3M Ferrari, which I watched being filmed at Xpel, but a NICE sports car. Considered full PPF. Lived in San Antonio at the time, right near Xpel’s headquarters. Got to tour their facility & see lots of prime examples of their work. Here is my take:

If you plan on taking your RHO down narrow trails where tree branches will scrape the sides, or if you like taking your vehicles thru commercial car washes…by all means, spend $6K-$8K to film your entire RHO. My neighbor scraped the heck out of his newly filmed Raptor on a narrow trail…after a few hours in the sun, the PPF self-healed & everything looked fine.

But, if your truck is going to be a pavement queen, hand washed, never scraped against trees & brush, just PPF the body colored fender extensions above the front bumper, headlights, mirror skull caps (if painted) & leading edge of the bed sides (these areas get hammered by rocks & debris, even on pavement). And, plan on changing out these pieces as they become damaged (self-healing can’t recover from a sharp stone nick). It’s a little expensive, but way cheaper than full PPF.

Or, don’t film anything. Why? The film is expensive…almost as much as re-painting the high exposure areas. Also, the top-of-the-line Xpel film contains its own surface defects & anomalies…some related to install, some are just the nature of the film. And even the best installs have issues with edges lifting. Also, many installers use Xpel’s plotter programs that cuts the film to each vehicle’s dimensions for easy install, leaving lots of exposed edges (looks like sh#t, especially as dirt & polishes collect). Finally, film does not guarantee the underlying paint won’t be damaged. Hit a big enough rock at 80 MPH, your paint will be damaged!

BTW, my NICE sports car has a short life as a perfect vehicle. 2nd day of ownership on my way to a haircut, a deer ran into my door. No, I didn’t hit the deer. It hit ME! Would PPF have saved the day? Heck no. Needed a new door, mirror & full paint down the side of the car. PPF would have just complicated things & resulted in greater cost to me since insurance rarely covers PPF.
All things I’ve considered. My main goal was avoid pin stripping on trails. But $8k doesn’t make sense

We (dealers) are not supposed to request changes, our rep is not supposed to accept changes. Sometimes we have success asking for an exception to the rule , sometimes not. They don't tell us when they accept, it just goes through - they don't tell us why if it does not, it just doesn't. Sometimes it seems to have significant impact on build time, other times it not.

What we are communicating to existing orders right here is to temper their expectations of success and impacts on a request, and there will be no consolation if you end up receiving exactly what was first ordered.
Simultaneously, to future order customers, take some time to figure out what you want placing orders because there is no guarantee that any change can be made even the following morning.
Yeah i figured when I requested my change, it would be nice if they accepted it, but in the end what I ordered originally was what I wanted. If that is what shows up, then so be it and I'm still going to love it.

Back