What's new

I have a a scheduled date!

Was watching YouTuber review a “new “ 2023 Ram DT 1500 (not Classic) for 30% off MSRP. It’s August 2024 & they have 2025s on the lot…there are unsold, new 2023 models? Yikes!
Exactly, lots are full at least here in Vegas they are and they don't seem to want to budge.

We are desperate for content. Nothing new on youtube...

We are desperate for content. Nothing new on youtube..
New mopar junkie grudge match video has 6 cars with modifies hurricane h.o. engines with some exciting sounds.

New mopar junkie grudge match video has 6 cars with modifies hurricane h.o. engines with some exciting sounds.
Link please

No news is the quiet before the storm. Very exciting stuff. I was told by my dealership that factory orders are processed in batches. The first batch to come off the assembly line will be delivered at about the same time. Anyone know what kind of quantity goes into a batch at Stellantis? Do we have enough information to create a probability model?

No news is the quiet before the storm. Very exciting stuff. I was told by my dealership that factory orders are processed in batches. The first batch to come off the assembly line will be delivered at about the same time. Anyone know what kind of quantity goes into a batch at Stellantis? Do we have enough information to create a probability model?
Your dealership is bullshitting you. They'll say anything to impress a customer (or make a sale). See post #154 for an idea of what it really looks like. There's no such thing as a "batch" of factory orders.

Wait, dealerships bullshit us? 😂

Your dealership is bullshitting you. They'll say anything to impress a customer (or make a sale). See post #154 for an idea of what it really looks like. There's no such thing as a "batch" of factory orders.

Well, to Capt Howdy’s point, when the 1st people on this forum saw movement, they all saw it on the same day. And nothing since. I think what he may be saying is the next “batch” of custom orders to see movement should be coming any day now.

Fingers crossed!

Well, to Capt Howdy’s point, when the 1st people on this forum saw movement, they all saw it on the same day. And nothing since. I think what he may be saying is the next “batch” of custom orders to see movement should be coming any day now.

Fingers crossed!
With all of the RHO orders in the system (stock orders, as well as sold orders), it's not a surprise at all that people are seeing movement at the same time - given the fact that Ram is finally putting them on the schedule to be built. I'm just saying that Ram doesn't put together a list of "custom orders" and build them all at the same time. When the first pile of RHO's roll off of the assembly line in a few weeks, I can pretty much guarantee that it will be more dealer-stock trucks than private-custom trucks. But no one will know (or notice) without seeing all of the build sheets. Since they've taken them offline for this model year, I won't be able to show you that. But I bet tripleB can (once they start showing up). The custom orders will list "sold vehicle" towards the end of the equipment listing.

Man ever since 2 weeks ago when the first few trucks got build dates it went quiet quick almost to quiet. I figured you would see a few each day or everyother day.....just crickets

Don't we still have about a week before the assembly line starts up?

Don't we still have about a week before the assembly line starts up?
Yea but they usually schedule out a month or two in advance...
I am sure they are gonna build the first wave of customer orders and make sure they pass quality and the crews are trained on any new process in the line. These may move slowly as they ramp up to 100% production.

Someone might have the old TRX data to see how the first customer ones we built and when the next scheduled ones were

Yea but they usually schedule out a month or two in advance...
I am sure they are gonna build the first wave of customer orders and make sure they pass quality and the crews are trained on any new process in the line. These may move slowly as they ramp up to 100% production.

Someone might have the old TRX data to see how the first customer ones we built and when the next scheduled ones were
I feel like no one is listening here. There's no "wave" of customer orders. On the first day of RHO production, some of them will be sold orders, and some will be dealer stock orders. Then, on the second day of production, it will be the same thing. And the next day, and the next day. Except when they run out of a specific part, and none are built on that day.

I feel like no one is listening here. There's no "wave" of customer orders. On the first day of RHO production, some of them will be sold orders, and some will be dealer stock orders. Then, on the second day of production, it will be the same thing. And the next day, and the next day. Except when they run out of a specific part, and none are built on that day.
All orders are customer orders... They don't make a truck unless it's sold. Now if it has my name on the window sticker or Mac Haik someone put in an order for it.

But they batch these for sure for efficiency. I'm guessing you have never worked in a manufacturing plant.

All orders are customer orders... They don't make a truck unless it's sold. Now if it has my name on the window sticker or Mac Haik someone put in an order for it.

But they batch these for sure for efficiency. I'm guessing you have never worked in a manufacturing plant.
Sorry, you don't know what you're talking about. There are several types of VIN assignments. Sold orders (which are customer orders), dealer stock orders, allocated orders, etc. Dealers place orders for lot inventory in most cases. Customer orders are actually pretty rare. And allocations are for items with limited availability - an example being the special edition TRX's. Ram would build 1000 or so, and let the dealers know how many each were getting.
And no, they don't batch them for efficiency. I have never worked in a manufacturing plant (construction is my business), but I have studied the output of the Sterling Heights plant for several years and I can assure you that I have a better idea of what they build than you do.

Here's an example to put this business to rest. Model year 2022. Production started on 9/13/21. TRX's were in the mix on the first day. And the second day. I've split them by "sold order" and all "other" types so you can see what they built. I'm only showing the first 28 days, but I can assure you the entire model year was like that. Do you see any batch of customer orders? I don't.

1723488420271.png

Back