What's new

I have a a scheduled date!

Here's the same data from the start of the 2023 model year. It does look a lot more "sold order heavy", but here's what really happened: The close-out of the 2022 model year was a sh!t show, and a TON of sold orders for the TRX didn't get built. So Ram converted them over to 2023's and finished out the list (most of them, anyways - several people had their orders flat-out cancelled after waiting for over a year).

1723489218709.png

Sorry, you don't know what you're talking about. There are several types of VIN assignments. Sold orders (which are customer orders), dealer stock orders, allocated orders, etc. Dealers place orders for lot inventory in most cases. Customer orders are actually pretty rare. And allocations are for items with limited availability - an example being the special edition TRX's. Ram would build 1000 or so, and let the dealers know how many each were getting.
And no, they don't batch them for efficiency. I have never worked in a manufacturing plant (construction is my business), but I have studied the output of the Sterling Heights plant for several years and I can assure you that I have a better idea of what they build than you do.

Here's an example to put this business to rest. Model year 2022. Production started on 9/13/21. TRX's were in the mix on the first day. And the second day. I've split them by "sold order" and all "other" types so you can see what they built. I'm only showing the first 28 days, but I can assure you the entire model year was like that. Do you see any batch of customer orders? I don't.

View attachment 361
I believe that I understand what have you said, hopefully. I have quick question. I was told dealers can't order RHO as stock inventory and only customer are allowed for now, that's if they didn't use an employee name to order. My question is, how would they do the allocation to dealers if it is only a customer order vehicle?

I believe that I understand what have you said, hopefully. I have quick question. I was told dealers can't order RHO as stock inventory and only customer are allowed for now, that's if they didn't use an employee name to order. My question is, how would they do the allocation to dealers if it is only a customer order vehicle?
Ok, I see what you’re saying. I guess there are two perspectives here. The current RHO orders are custom-orders only, and I was approaching it from past history with everything else that Ram tossed into the system.
I’m told that dealers can’t place stock orders yet, and I haven’t heard anything about allocations. So as a snapshot in time, then perhaps all of the early orders will be sold orders (by default). Unless Ram adds in allocations before production starts on them. Time will tell if that happens. In the past they’ve always built out inventory for dealers (to get models into the showrooms to generate buzz). I will be surprised if they keep the RHO as a “you have to order it if you want it” thing.

Change the paradigm to inexactitude. All factory orders will be built and delivered relatively soon.

So......I have read discussions that the RHO builds will start August 19th or 28th.

Is this still the current consensus?

Ordered my truck and still anxiously waiting! Does anyone know the turn around time for these trucks or when estimate delivery dates are?

Diamond Black
- level 1
- Bed utility
- Panoramic sunroof

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpeg
    IMG_1296.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 57
Ordered my truck and still anxiously waiting! Does anyone know the turn around time for these trucks or when estimate delivery dates are?

Diamond Black
- level 1
- Bed utility
- Panoramic sunroof
Really won’t know until you get scheduled. Then it will be roughly 2-3 months. Do you know how many orders Westbury has taken? I imagine they will be allocated a fair number of builds in the first months of production.

Diamond Black
- level 1
- Bed utility
- Panoramic sunroof
I ordered my truck on May 8. I am still in D status and not scheduled (same as you). It's very random. I wouldn't expect your truck till November. If it comes earlier, it will be a nice surprise.

I ordered my truck on May 8. I am still in D status and not scheduled (same as you). It's very random. I wouldn't expect your truck till November. If it comes earlier, it will be a nice surprise.
That’s what I’m expecting, I’m estimating anywhere from September - November (hopefully)

Ordered mine Apr 26, first at my dealership. No movement here.

From Guyzer247 under the onboard power thread, though the poster makes no reference to his order having onboard power:

“08/14/2024 4:26pm I just got a call from an Executive Manager for Stellantis regarding an update on my RHO. I was told that a hold has been placed on RHO builds. She stated that they are having issues getting parts in for that model. She said she will try and get me an update by the end of next week with more details. I will keep you all informed when I hear more. I hope those that received production dates have had parts already set aside for the build. Fingers crossed for us all!”

So, what does anyone know about this? Looking for facts, not guesses.

From Guyzer247 under the onboard power thread, though the poster makes no reference to his order having onboard power:

“08/14/2024 4:26pm I just got a call from an Executive Manager for Stellantis regarding an update on my RHO. I was told that a hold has been placed on RHO builds. She stated that they are having issues getting parts in for that model. She said she will try and get me an update by the end of next week with more details. I will keep you all informed when I hear more. I hope those that received production dates have had parts already set aside for the build. Fingers crossed for us all!”

So, what does anyone know about this? Looking for facts, not guesses.
I seriously wish I knew what this means for all of us. I really home she gets me an answer by the end of next week. Otherwise I may be stuck looking for other vehicle to get.

I seriously wish I knew what this means for all of us. I really home she gets me an answer by the end of next week. Otherwise I may be stuck looking for other vehicle to get.
Did you have onboard power in your order, also were you in d1

I hope this is not the case. If so RAM did really shitty with this roll out. If they dont have parts avail. But still taking orders is not very smart imo. The worst will be for the dealers that will get stuck with trucks at some point that people walked away from not being able to wait for a maybe truck

Did you have onboard power in your order, also were you in d1
I did originally, but it was removed a while ago when they delayed that item. I’m am not scheduled.

Hopefully they get moving next month. I need this by end of year for business purposes and have two orders placed so let's see what happens.

Also not gonna lie and say I'm already digging around for back up truck just in case and will place rho order next year.

I'll start worrying in late September. Once it starts I think we will be good, they can pump these things out quick. When I ordered mine in June I was told unofficially that maybe December or January would be the pick up month, I will be waiting till then hoping for sooner but expecting a nice Christmas present.

Hopefully they get moving next month. I need this by end of year for business purposes and have two orders placed so let's see what happens.

Also not gonna lie and say I'm already digging around for back up truck just in case and will place rho order next year.
Got my eyes on TRD pro

Back