What's new

Did they start building RHOs???

Job #1 scheduled for 9/16 (received that info same time as job 1 for RHO being 8/19).
I don't quite understand. Do you think the start of production got moved from 8/19 to 9/16? or is 9/16 a shipping date?

I don't quite understand. Do you think the start of production got moved from 8/19 to 9/16? or is 9/16 a shipping date?
He was answering another forum member about the planned start of Rebel X and 1500 G/T production…I think

I heard from a friend who works at the ram plant that the RHO might be built in Mexico. Can someone confirm this?

I’m ready for the production to start like the rest of us, but I can’t imagine there is that many people who are so impatient they just cave and say screw it and get something else.

I’m ready for the production to start like the rest of us, but I can’t imagine there is that many people who are so impatient they just cave and say screw it and get something else.
It'll probably happen not me though...

Braveheart Hold.jpg

I'm close to being one of those. I test drove a Limited and I almost pulled the trigger but my wife talked me out of it. But if I don't have a set build date by Oct. 1st, then I will be in a Limited or a Tungsten if I can find one.

I'm close to being one of those. I test drove a Limited and I almost pulled the trigger but my wife talked me out of it. But if I don't have a set build date by Oct. 1st, then I will be in a Limited or a Tungsten if I can find one.
Hold strong. You'll be upset when you see that RHO drive by you in November if you don't wait.

Hold strong. You'll be upset when you see that RHO drive by you in November if you don't wait.
Agreed! Nobody expected to have one in Q3, these will come in Q4.

Anyone know if Tavares actually visited the SHAP Plant yesterday?

I read part of article in Detroit News and it quoted the union officials who stated he didn't show up.

Still no RHOs being built on the tracker…I won’t post the screenshot again unless something changes

I read part of article in Detroit News and it quoted the union officials who stated he didn't show up.

I asked the reddit Stellantis group if he showed up and they said that he did.

While I might have a bit of regret if I were to move on from the RHO, I don’t really need it as my daily. It’s more of a WANT at the moment. I do NEED a trim with a HO engine, and that’s so I can do some r&d on performance parts. If I were to get the Limited, I can start fabbing up an exhaust system, intake, downpipes and some cold/hot pipes. The longer I wait, the more I loose ground to those who have a HO truck or even a SO one. Also, my son really wants me to get the RHO, so that’s what is really stopping me at the moment but he did say that he liked the Limited. Again I’ll wait until Oct.1, hopefully some will see movement by then.

While I might have a bit of regret if I were to move on from the RHO, I don’t really need it as my daily. It’s more of a WANT at the moment. I do NEED a trim with a HO engine, and that’s so I can do some r&d on performance parts. If I were to get the Limited, I can start fabbing up an exhaust system, intake, downpipes and some cold/hot pipes. The longer I wait, the more I loose ground to those who have a HO truck or even a SO one. Also, my son really wants me to get the RHO, so that’s what is really stopping me at the moment but he did say that he liked the Limited. Again I’ll wait until Oct.1, hopefully some will see movement by then.
Watch out on the exhaust pipes. I doubt the RHO and Limited are exactly the same (despite having the same engine). The RHO will have a slightly different under-bed configuration (to accommodate the 35" tire), so the routing will probably differ between the two.
I assume the intake will be different as well, since the Limited doesn't have the hood scoop?

Watch out on the exhaust pipes. I doubt the RHO and Limited are exactly the same (despite having the same engine). The RHO will have a slightly different under-bed configuration (to accommodate the 35" tire), so the routing will probably differ between the two.
I assume the intake will be different as well, since the Limited doesn't have the hood scoop?
The intake is the same up until the airfilter box but I'm judging from the photos. The remainder of the intake tubing looks the same. I highly doubt RAM would have a different intake systems for 3 different models (SO, HO and RHO) equipped models. The exhaust won't be to much work, that's been the easiest to fab together, working around the 35" tires shouldn't be to difficult (I hope). The down pipes will all be the same though, as well as the hold/cold pipes. What will take me a long time to get right will be the tone of the exhaust, I love a deep sounding I6, kinda like the 4th gen 2jzgte Supra.

In the photos you can see that the RHO engine cover is slightly trimmed compared to the other models but if you look closely, you can see the same intake silencer on both trucks and it's probably safe to assume that the rest of intake system is identical.

Attachments

• 247e1fdaaf57f9c3916b3e7126cd0d85.jpeg
    247e1fdaaf57f9c3916b3e7126cd0d85.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Ram_Hurricane_engine.png
    Ram_Hurricane_engine.png
    514 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
In the photos you can see that the RHO engine cover is slightly trimmed compared to the other models but if you look closely, you can see the same intake silencer on both trucks and it's probably safe to assume that the rest of intake system is identical.
The first thing i am doing is finding a way to get rid of that bulky silencer after the filter...

The first thing i am doing is finding a way to get rid of that bulky silencer after the filter...
Yeah, same! I'll make a piece to replace and a kit for the entire system. Previous experience told me that some people want to keep the oem system and just remove the silencer.

I'm still trying to figure out what is this silencer you speak of.

Back